Monday, January 25, 2010

Haibun #2

I've written my second haibun today; I was inspired by the harsh winds that make their presence known during the harsh winter months here in Bowling Green. I had to write this one while I was in the frame of mind to write; unfortunately that happened during my Poetry Workshop class! (Sorry Theresa!)


Haibun #2

Roaring wind blows through my hair. My cheeks turn red against its freezing bite. The cold makes my nose drip.

winter wind
bites frozen skin
brings on a cold

3 comments:

  1. Roaring wind blows through my hair. My cheeks turn red against its freezing bite. The cold makes my nose drip.

    winter wind
    bites frozen skin
    brings on a cold

    May I make suggestions? I would recommend getting rid of the repetition and reversing the order of the prose/haiku portion.

    Winter wind blows through my hair, bites the skin, brings on a cold.

    hair whips
    against red cheeks
    nose drips

    The reason is that I think your prose section has more imagery than the haiku. Something to think about! Good job on doing another haibun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmm, I'm still a little bothered by the repetition of hair.

    Winter wind bits the skin, brings on a cold.

    hair whips
    against red cheeks
    nose drips

    ReplyDelete
  3. Typo!

    Winter wind bites the skin, brings on a cold.

    hair whips
    against red cheeks
    nose drips

    ReplyDelete