Sunday, January 24, 2010

A Brief Introduction, and a Haibun!

I was inspired by my professor Theresa Williams to create a blog to chronicle my journey of reconnecting with my Muse. I am a student in her poetry workshop class, which she recommended I take to help me condense my complex thinking. Our first unit we've covered in class this semester was Haiku (which I'll also be posting once I write more), and as a side project we have to create a Haibun journal. The best way that I can define "haibun" is how it was taught to us in class - prose and haiku combined.

I just completed my first Haibun for my journal and want to share it here with everyone.


**********
Haibun #1

Skies are grey once again in Bowling Green. I saw the sun for a few brief moments. It had rained this morning.

steel skies
block the sun
waters the dormant earth

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you started a blog! I've been keeping one since 2004, first at AOL then here at blogger. It has really helped me to stay close to my creative life. I like your first haibun very much. Good paradox in the haiku (dark/dreary vs replenishing). Yes, I think writing these is going to be very good for all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much Theresa! I didn't even catch the paradox when I wrote the haiku; thing is, I also wasn't thinking...and I have a firm belief that some of the best, truest writing comes when one is not forcing themselves to think of what should be written. :)

    ReplyDelete